Last updated: 2/7/2021.
Thank you for visiting our website www.townsvillepsychologist.com.au.
We use the information we collect about you to maximise the services and products that we provide to you via our website and through our business. We aim to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in The Privacy Act 1993 (Cth) and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) to ensure that your information is protected.
Policy on Children’s Information
Our site is not directed at children under 16 years of age. By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over the age of 16 years. If we learn that we have received personal information about someone under 16 years of age without parental consent, we will delete this information. If you believe that your child has provided us with personal information without your permission, then please contact us.
Policy on Personal Information
Personal information/data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include data that is anonymous in its source. We may learn the following personal data about you through:
1. Communication Information
Communication information includes any communication that you send to us. This information can be sent to us through:
- The contact form on our website;
- The subscriber form on our website;
- E-mail, text, social media messaging;
- Social media posting; or
- Through any other communication that you send to us.
We process this data for communicating with you and record-keeping.
2. Customer Information
Customer information includes any information you provide relating to any communication or purchases of products, such as your name, contact details, and delivery e-mail address. This information keeps records of such transactions and supplies the products you have requested or purchased.
3. User Information/Data
User information includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you may post for publication on our website or through other online services. We may collect, store and use:
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use);
- information contained in, or relating to, a personal or business account with our website (including name, e-mail address, date and month of birth);
- information that you provide when you provide feedback;
- information that you provide when you change your personal details or e-mail preferences;
- information that you provide when you respond to a survey;
- information that you provide when you communicate with our customer support;
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy. We use this data to: operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you; to ensure the security of our website; to maintain backups of our website and/or databases; and, to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services, and business. Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to administer our website and our business properly. We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
4. Technical Data
Technical data is information about your use of our website and online services such as information about your visits to, and use of this website, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to administer our website and our business properly and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
5. Marketing Information/Data
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us, and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested information, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered, but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
Use of Personal Information
We will only use your data for the purpose it was collected for or reasonably compatible purposes if necessary. If we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose, we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing. We may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where required or permitted by law.
We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies. A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes. Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
Types of Cookies Used
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the website are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested, such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
- Third party cookies may also be used to report usage statistics, provide advertisements, and more.
Your Options Regarding Cookies
Comments Made on the Website
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests, namely to grow our business. We may send you marketing communications if:
- You made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services; or
- You agreed to receive marketing communication and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
- You are a company; we may send you marketing e-mails without your consent. You may opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us at any time.
It is exceptionally unlikely that Dr Emma Black, Clinical Psychologist will share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes. However, if this were to become a possibility, we will obtain your express consent.
Stopping Marketing Messages
You can ask third parties or us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing messages sent to you, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations, returns, replacements etc.
Disclosures of Your Personal Data
There may be circumstances where we may have to share your personal data with parties such as: service providers who provide IT and system administration services; professional advisers, such as solicitors; government bodies that require us report processing activities; or marketing agencies we may engage from time-to-time. We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and we periodically update our security measures in light of current technologies. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. For tax purposes, the law requires us to keep basic information about customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for five years after they stop being customers. In some circumstances, we may use anonymised parts of your data for research or statistical purposes, which may be used indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent), and to withdraw consent. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please e-mail us at email@example.com. To respond to any request, we will require your name, e-mail address, and a contact telephone number.
There is no fee chargeable to access your personal data; however, we may charge a fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive; or, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
As a security measure to ensure your data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it, we may request further information from you.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days unless the request is complex or where there are multiple requests.
If our response is likely to exceed 30 days, you will be notified.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, please contact us first so we may attempt to resolve your issue immediately. You also have the right to complain to the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au), the Australian supervisory authority for data protection issues.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
If you reside within the European Union, and you believe there has been an illegal breach of your privacy by this website, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Dr Emma Black, Clinical Psychologist
Postal address: 107 Charters Towers Road, Hyde Park 4812
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org